10/19/2019

Refuse to let the Syntaxes of (a) History Direct our Futures

Collide at CERN 
Yeay! 

I finally received my copy of 'Fragmentation of the Photographic Image in the Digital Age' (ed. by Daniel Rubinstein, Routledge, 2019) with my chapter "Refuse to let the Syntaxes of (a) History Direct our Futures". The chapter starts with a treatment of Jon Satrom's QTzrk. One of my favourite off-standard artworks ever.

I feel very lucky to be part of this book. Its important because in a time when photography, its images, apparatus and subjects are completely changing. Users as well as makers have started to approach images with different vernaculars, levels of trust and expectations, yet, the definition of photography remains quite narrow.

The discourse of Photography is still stuck in tradition and its great to get the chance to push the lens a bit. 
An opportunity for which I am grateful.

No comments: