3/09/2011

Video Vortex 11th and 12th of March and the Video Vortex || reader

(this is some small footage from my very first visual performance in Club 11, Amsterdam in 2008)
 
The first solo, visual performance I ever did was at Video Vortex #2 back in January 2008 (3 years ago!) in Amsterdam. Back then I never thought of myself as a performer, but Geert Lovink was convinced I was and so …it started. Since then, things have changed a lot for me and I could not be more thankful to Geert.
I am very excited that the Video Vortex conference will come back to Amsterdam this weekend. I have visited the conference 4 out of 6 times and every installment that I attended, I got myself involved in some kind of way (blogging, vlogging, performing, speaking). This year I will be part of Video Vortex through its publication (and by attendance): the Video Vortex reader 2 will feature a re-written version of the Glitch Studies Manifesto.
 
Besides this, if you did not find the time to visit the Filtering Failure exhibition, maybe you find time during Video Vortex, since the exhibition is right on the other side of the street!

No comments: