11/15/2008

Ableton Whales - Everything I do I do for you





Some time ago I asked Anders to teach me how to use a music software program, so I could understand these struggling musicians a little bit more. He decided that Ableton Live would be the program that I should learn first, and so we started.
Basically what I learned was how to load a soundfile and different VST plugins, especially the glitch plug-in effect. But the moment I understood how it worked and how easy you can make a 'glitchy-squarepusher-AFX-sounding song' I lost the fun (oh, but squarepusher no longer sounds like that, he changed to jazz!).
We managed to finish one sort-of song, the Ableton Whales. It is very silly - but no glitch plugins are involved...

2 comments:

Hans said...

As a freak you probably know Notone ?
http://www.raster-noton.net/

I heard it today while driving and found it amazing inspiring. ( my wife thought my radio is dysfunctional ;-)

Rosa Menkman said...

hehe, yea I know the label, it is really very nice.
What I didnt know is that one of the guys on the label, byetone, will actually come and perform at the festival where I will perform as well, which makes me very excited! Thanks so much for showing!
And hope things are getting better in Tbilsi - Georgia...
``rooooooooooooooooooooooooos